Willka T’ika Lucuma Retreat
September 21-30, 2023
I’m beyond excited to present this incredible yoga adventure to the fabulous Willka T’ika Retreat Center in Peru. Our package, the Lucuma Retreat, offers so much. Besides the lovely LUXURY rooms, the delicious local, organic food, and of course, yoga, we’ll have the opportunity to explore the city of Cusco, hike at Machu Picchu, participate in a fire ceremony with a shaman, and so much more. This will be the longest retreat I’ve offered. Because of the location, I want us all to have a chance to acclimate and have plenty of time for cultural experiences in beautiful and sacred places. We’ll even get to visit and participate in an interactive activity at Quechua mountain school in the Sacred Valley to support the joyous children of this isolated community.
We’ll visit communities and markets, have two days at the famous Machu Picchu, plus hiking trails right at Willka T’ika. There, we’ll also have spa treatments available, like massage and soothing solar baths with salts and herbal essences for post hiking recovery.
Join us for a wonderful retreat and a lot of adventure!
Lucuma Tree and Crown Chakra Garden
10 days / 9 nights
2 days / 2 nights in Cusco
2 days / 1 night at Machu Picchu
6 days / 6 nights at Willka T’ika
Hotels and Meals are included
9 days with a knowledgable, local guide
First class buses and tourist train
Use of Chakra Gardens, multi purpose studios, fire pit and ceremony areas
Organic gourmet vegetarian meals daily when at Willka T’ika (your choice when we eat in other locations)
Guided tour of the Seven Chakra Gardens
Authentic Andean despacho offering and fire ceremony with Q’ero Pakko healer
Visit to an Andean Mountain School
Hiking the P’isaq ruins, ceremony, and shopping in the famous market
Visit to Urubamba’s authentic market, Seminario Pottery Studio, and alpaca factory store
Tour to mysterious Moray circles
Guided hike to Maras salt farms
Optional hike to Inti Punku Sun Gate and the Inkan bridge, or the peak of Machu Picchu Mountain
Andean Musical Performance
Yoga with Sabré
The Inconic Machu Picchu
Maras Salt Farms Hiking
International roundtrip flight to Cusco via Lima.
Separate airport transfers and hotel bookings.
Meals not noted on itinerary.
Tips, sundries, alcoholic and bottled beverages, laundry and spa services.
Optional Excursion to Rainbow Mountain after retreat. See below for details.
About Willka T’ika
Willka T’ika offers an environment of refined sustainable luxury:
- Dedicated professional Quechua staff, most of whom have been with Willka T’ika since its founding in 1994, offer exceptional attentive & caring service to guests.
- Kitchen chefs serve delicious organic vegetarian cuisine, harvested daily from Willka T’ika’s herb & vegetable gardens and greenhouses.
- Guest rooms and facilities are constructed of all-natural local materials, including local stone and adobe bricks. Willka T’ika’s own artist has decorated its walls with colorful Andean motifs.
- The main building includes a spacious living room with a fireplace, a bar and dining area overlooking the gardens. There are separate library and music rooms, each with fireplaces, ideal for quiet contemplation or group meeting.
- Pathways wind through the renowned lush Seven Chakra Gardens to rooms & facilities, including our Andean spa, secluded solar baths, and crystal light therapy room.
- Two multi-purpose, state-of-the-art Yoga Studios are available to registered guests & can be used for personal practice when not in scheduled group use. The larger studio can hold 60 mats, and the smaller studio 25 mats. Each studio has a sound system and is fully equipped with yoga mats, blocks, straps, pillows, and folded wool & cotton blankets for bolsters.
- All profits from our unique jewelry & local crafts store support our non-profit Willka Tika Children’s Fund.
All rooms have access to the gardens, with beautiful views of flowers, trees and mountains. Each room has portable heating and modern private bathrooms with an excellent hot water supply. Sustainable guest rooms reflect the textures and colors of the Andes. Made from natural earth materials and adorned with local artwork, the spacious luxury rooms incorporate Feng Shui design principles and take advantage of mountain and garden views. Fresh flowers welcome all guests and cozy hot-water bottles warm beds at night.
- Amenities for each room includes:
- 220-240 volt circuits
- Private Bathroom
- Hair Dryer
- Writing Desk
The Luxury Twin room with two queen beds
The Luxury King one king bed for one (single) or two persons (double)
The Luxury Triple room with three beds
For Double Queen, Double King and Triple Occupancy Rooms: $3875 per person, to be paid in full by June 1, 2023
If paid in full on or before February 15, 2023, with Early Bird Discount, $3700 per person
For Single King, $4975 to be paid in full by June 1, 2023
If paid in full on or before February 15, 2023 with Early Bird Discount, $4750
Non-refundable deposit of $850 is due when you register, to hold your spot.
Should you decide not to attend, this deposit is transferrable until June 1, 2023
LATE PAYMENT: A late fee of $150 per participant applies for payments received by FJYR from July 1, 2023 forward. The $150 late fee also applies for participants whose passport details are expired, incomplete or incorrect, less than 60 days prior to September 21, 2023. All registrations between June 1-July 1, 2023 must be paid in full.
Payments may be made by:
Check and sent to Sabré Page 4500 Seneca Street UNIT 3 Fort Collins, CO 80526
PayPal Sabre Page
Contact me at Sabre@fjyr.life to let me know how you would like to pay.
**I’m happy to help coordinate a payment plan that works for you.**
Cancellations made on or before 6/1/2023 receive 75% of amount paid above deposit.
Cancellations made between 6/1/2023- 7/1/2023 receive 50% of amount paid above deposit.
Cancellations made after 7/1/2023 are non-refundable.
RAINBOW MOUNTAIN OPTION
I’ve confirmed that the option of Rainbow Mountain is available as an additional excursion after the retreat.
I’m going to give you the full run-down which I’ve received about this amazing place and what’s involved. And see the photo below!!
Join a one day tour to Rainbow Mountain, also known as Vinicunca, Montaña de Siete Colores and Painted Mountain. The impressively unique variation in color of the mountain’s sedimentary layers is a result of millions of years of mineralogy and weathering. Throughout this challenging-yet-gorgeous hike, you will encounter locals who still follow everyday traditions of their Incan ancestors, and view: colorful valleys, turquoise lagoons, glaciers, herds of alpacas and llamas, wild geese, adobe-brick homes, and the very majestic Ausangate Mountain.
Duration: approximately 11 to 12 hours from pick-up to drop-off
Hiking: approximately 3.5 hours / challenging due to the altitude and steep inclines
– Pick up from Willka T’ika at 5 am
– Travel in private vehicle for about two hours from Willka T’ika to Cusipata (3,450 m / 11,319 ft) on a paved road, followed by about 10 minutes on an unpaved road to the tiny village of Paucarpata (3,500 m / 11,483 ft) where you will stop for breakfast at a restaurant.*
– You will continue for another hour on the unpaved road (there will be some bumps along the way), passing the town of Chillihuani where you will see locals dressed in traditional highland clothing, until you reach the starting point of your hike — Llaqta (4,600 m / 15,090 ft).
– At the beginning of the trail, you will ascend at an incline of about 35° for the first 5-7 minutes.
From this point, you may ride on horseback accompanied by a horseman walking alongside. Horses are subject to availability and may not be reserved in advance. Please bring cash in Peruvian Soles (100 PEN, approx. $30 USD). You would have to dismount approximately 15 minutes before you reach the peak, and continue by foot, as the path would be unsafe for both you and the horse to continue together. Note: most visitors wait until the second hour, when the path becomes steep, to rent a horse. See below.
– For the next hour, the path is relatively flat, with an incline of about 7°.
– The second hour of hiking will be steep until you reach the peak (5,200 m / 17,060 ft).
At this point, there would be another opportunity to ride on horseback accompanied by a horseman walking alongside. Horses are subject to availability and may not be reserved in advance. Please bring cash in Peruvian Soles (50 PEN, approx. $15 USD). You would have to dismount approximately 15 minutes before you reach the peak, and continue by foot, as the path would be unsafe for both you and the horse to continue together.
– Once at the peak, you will have the opportunity to take photos and enjoy the view. It will be cold, and when the winds blow, they can be very intense, so we must limit the time spent at the peak to around 30 minutes.
– You will then descend on the same path on which you ascended. It is a gentle descent and is shorter than the climb, around 1.5 hours. There is no option to descend on horseback.
– You will also return following the same roads. After approximately one hour on the road, you will once again stop for lunch at a restaurant* in Paucarpata.
– Drop off at your hotel in Cusco by late afternoon.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
– Experienced, Professional Tour Guide (English or Spanish)
– Safe, Responsible Driver
– Entrance ticket to Rainbow Mountain
– Private transfer from WT and to your hotel in Cusco
MEALS and BEVERAGES
– Breakfast & Lunch at a restaurant
– Bottled water
– Coca tea
EMERGENCY EQUIPMENT (to be carried by tour guide)
– First Aid Kit
– Oxygen Tank
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
EQUIPMENT for RENT
– Trekking Poles (rubber-tipped) $5 USD per pair
COST: The cost will be added on as we get closer to the retreat because it depends upon the number of people desiring to go to Rainbow Mountain. The more of us, the lower the cost. The maximum would be $300 and the minimum would be $225
Check out our new splash video
Vogue’s “Best Digital Detox”
Once you’ve registered and paid your deposit, you’ll receive a lot of information on details like weather, what to pack, an outline of the itinerary, current travel options, and much more. Please note that travel insurance is HIGHLY recommended.
AND please check your passport now! There specific requirements for everywhere you travel.
I am looking forward to hearing from you!